Business and Consumer
Business and Investment
- Gale: Business Insights:Essentials – An excellent tool that brings together many different kinds of tools for searching on companies, industries and business trends.
- Google Business News
- Yahoo Business News – Yahoo’s business news service. This provides the big business news stories of the day.
- Time Business Section – This is Time Magazine’s online business section.
- CEO Express Business News Portal – A great site for all kinds of business news and general news. Contains links to some of the best business research tools.
- Bloomberg.com – The financial newswire service, Bloomberg News, is comprised of 1,600 reporters in 94 bureaus worldwide, writing more than 4,000 news stories daily. Armed with Bloomberg’s data and analytics, they follow the money trail better than any other news
- Business Wire – A useful site for industry research and hot business topics.
- Hoover’s Online – This is one of the best sites for business research. Some content
requires payment to view, but much of the site is available for free to view broad topics like industries and financials. Good for researching IPOs. The pay service is used by many corporate librarians to get the latest business and industry information.
- Pennsylvania’s Do Not Call List – Unwanted telemarketing calls can be a nuisance and an intrusion to your privacy at home. Pennsylvania has joined a number of other states in passing a “Do Not Call” law. This website offers Pennsylvanians a way to eliminate many of these calls by placing their names on a statewide “Do Not Call” list.
- Kelley Blue Book – The nation’s leading provider of automotive pricing and value information.
- Cars Direct – A useful site for car buyers that provides research on features and pricing for virtually any make and model.
All links verified 2/8/2014