Code of Conduct
North Versailles Public Library Code of Conduct
The North Versailles Public Library Board of Trustees and staff welcome all patrons to enjoy the Library, collections, services and programs. The Library strives to provide a clean, pleasant and safe environment and the highest level of service to all patrons.
As a Library patron, it is your responsibility to maintain necessary and proper standards of behavior. In addition, you make the commitment to act courteously towards all others; act respectfully with regard to public property; and follow all rules of this facility.
Please observe the following:
· Treat Library staff and other Library users with respect and civility.
· Keep all valuables and personal property with you at all times. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
· Follow all Library computer policies.
· Use of cell phones is prohibited in the Library. If you must take a phone call, please go into the hallway or outside.
· Children must be supervised at all times. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent or acceptable caretaker. If young children are attending a program, the Library requires that the parent/caretaker remain in the Library.
· Food or drink is not permitted in the Library.
In order to provide a safe and comfortable environment, the following are not permitted in the Library:
· Misuse, destruction and theft of Library materials or property, as well as littering.
· Smoking and use of tobacco products, alcohol or illegal drugs.
· Engaging in disorderly conduct, dangerous or threatening behavior, fighting or challenging to fight, running, using offensive words and any other behavior that is disruptive.
· Refusing to comply with requests of Library staff to comply with Library policies.
· Sleeping or loitering.
· Distributing or selling goods or services on Library premises.
· Pets or animals, other those authorized to assist the disabled.
· Bikes, scooters, skateboards or rollerblades.
· Engaging in any illegal activity, including gambling.
· Inappropriate clothing, including bare feet or no shirt.
· Engaging in sexual activity.
· Having offensive body odor or personal hygiene as to unreasonably interfere with other patrons’ ability to use the Library.
· Trespassing in non-public areas of Library, such as the circulation area and storage hallway.
1. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations established by the Library will result in a warning. Further noncompliance may result in temporary or permanent exclusion from Library services and programs.
2. The Library staff will call the Board of Trustees President or the North Versailles Township Police at times that they deem necessary.
Date Approved: November 20, 2013